Every year the list gets longer and gets harder to fill. Also, I’m running out of things to make a list of. But it’s an annual tradition and I’ll feel like I’ve failed myself if I don’t do it so here I go…
This year’s list is about my new resolutions and goals. Some are short-term (meaning I hope to accomplish in a year or three) and some are long-term (which I hope I get to accomplish before I die). I don’t know if I can cover the list but this definitely covers all aspects of my life. So without further ado, here is my 32×22 list:
1. To sleep early. I’ve been adjusting my sleeping patterns for the last 5 years to earlier than it was. Hopefully this year I’ll manage to sleep at 10pm.
2. Exercise. I used to exercise regularly but for the past year, I’ve been lazy. And I really wanted to bring myself back in shape. I realized last LGUlympics how easily I got tired of a short run.
3. Eat healthily. I have a really bad diet. This is a big goal for me.
4. Limit coffee to once a day. It’ll be tough but I should be able to endure it.
5. Gain weight. I should ask Maymay Entrata how she managed her 10 kilos in a year. It sounded like a miracle. I know you’ll say I just need to eat plenty but believe me, gaining weight is not that easy.
6. Avoid retail therapy. Should I delete my online shopping apps? It’ll be hard but I’ll try to avoid them.
7. Extend my patience. I’m actually a very patient person even if a lot of people will not agree with it. I guess I have to work more on it.
8. Get back to reading. I’m so sad I haven’t hit my reading goals last year and probably this year. I’m just not in the mood to read a lot these days. 😭
9. Get back to blogging. I miss it. I’ll get around to doing it again one day.
10. Get back to writing. I feel like I’m not totally me anymore since I stopped doing this. But I made plans already and decided I’ll start with baby steps. I’ll be putting up my Wattpad soon. I decided to make some sort of an online diary where I tell about my days. I don’t care if nobody reads it as long as I write it.
11. Get back to drawing. I don’t even have the talent, I know but I love it and it helps me relax and destress. It eases my mind and maybe I’m so stressed because I don’t do it anymore.
12. Meet with friends. This may sound so simple but as I’m living so far away, this is really getting hard. I miss having friends.
Here are my short-term and long-term goals for my physical mental and spiritual well-being…
13. Travel to a place I’ve never been to before alone. Maybe in 2021 or 2022.
14. Have Lasik surgery before my 35th year ends.
15. Travel to Japan and/or Korea before 2025.
16. Celebrate my birthday by doing a charity event for kids. Feeding Children, Teaching out-of-school children, Technically I am hoping to spend it by making children happy and maybe make that an annual thing.
17. Be part of a cause. I mean officially be part of a cause. I don’t know which yet but probably something to do with children.
18. Encourage people at my church to have the same courage and confidence that I have in serving Him. Not because I’m good but because I am willing and I know that to Him that is all that matters.
19. To teach and inspire my young brethren not only to be good kids as they grow up but to be good leaders as well.
20. Buy/Build a house.
21. Learn to drive. I want to add, buy a car. But the truth is, I want to learn to drive but I don’t really want to drive. Just imagining being on the road makes me nervous. So…
22. Save a million pesos before I’m fifty.
23. Donate blood. I’m underweight so I can’t. I’d been dreaming of doing this since college but I simply can’t.
24. Have a tattoo. I think my religion is forbidding me to get one. But I really want to experience it. Will God punish me for wanting it? This one makes me feel like I’m such a rebel.
25. Meet my online friends. At least one of them if not all of them. There was a phase in my life when they’ve been a great help. I probably wouldn’t be this fine if I didn’t meet them. So I want to meet some of them in person.
26. Learn to bake. Or learn to cook a dish. Or something that is not my thing. I don’t know if I can but I should at least try.
27. Have a check-up. It sounds simple but this is something I should have done months ago but I keep putting it off. I hate going to the hospital. I may be old enough but I guess I’m not adult enough.
28. Buy an alarm clock. You probably wonder why. It’s because I said about a month ago that I should put my phone away before bed. But I cannot do it because it’s my alarm. Lame excuse right? And it’s also a lame part of the list because I’m running out of things to add to this.
I couldn’t think of anything more right now but I’m sure I’m forgetting something. So allow me to leave this space and get back to it one of these days.
For now… this is the end of this year’s annual tradition.